The purpose of the layout technician course is to take a person with basic knowledge of math, physical science and drafting skills and teach them to be productive basic sprinkler layout and detailing technicians. All of the work elements necessary for NICET Level II Certification will be covered by the course including sprinkler selection, sprinkler spacing and location, obstructions to sprinklers, water supplies (public mains, tanks and pumps), hydraulic calculation of sprinkler systems, and standpipe system layout and calculation.
To see a full description of the topics covered, please review the seminar information sheet HERE.
Registration ends 10/18/2021.
All virtual classes will be held LIVE online. Attendance is REQUIRED. Any participant not in the online class as required will be unenrolled. No continuing education credits or refunds will be given for unenrollments.
Live Virtual Training will be held from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST) each day listed below. Attendance is Required for all class dates, unless noted otherwise.
November 2 & 3
November 9 & 10
November 16 & 17
November 30 - December 2
What you need to know:
- Homework will be assigned during throughout the week reviewed during the virtual training class.
- Classes begin at 10:00 am and should conclude by 5:00 pm (EST) each day.
- Students may be required to participate in group work virtually, outside of class times.
- You will need the use of a microphone and preferably a web cam for participation in the class.
- The registration fee includes all seminar course materials, including a copy of NFPA 13 (2016 edition), a copy of the NFSA textbook, "Layout, Detail & Calculation of Fire Sprinkler Systems", a calculator and a workbook of exercises and useful handouts. These materials will be shipped, so please ensure you include the correct shipping address.
Registration Information (Registration ends 10/18/2021
Member Price: EARLY BIRD $1,800.00 per person (Price Increases to $2,000 on 10/01/2021)
Non-Member Price: EARLY BIRD $3,600.00 per person (Price Increases to $4,000 on 10/01/2021)